Benchrest In Canada Forum
April 18, 2014, 05:51:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BR101 CLINIC - MAY 24 - ROSEBUD

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hayes Rest  (Read 2966 times)
Bill Gammon

View Profile WWW
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »

For sale Gary Hayes front rest, roughly 25lbs solid stainless steel, $500.00 US plus shipping.

Age & Treachery will always overcome Youth & Enthusiasm
rpollock
Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »

Bill, here are the pictures of the Hayes rest. You will need to add your comments as to description since I don't know much about them.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:31:47 AM by rpollock » Logged

Bill Gammon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »

The rest is solid Stainless Steel except for the handle on the left side and the ,I believe the bronze or bronze alloy disc in the mariners wheel. If you look closely you can see it. Also this picture of the rest is missing the 2 aluminium flaps that fit inside the upper bag holder. Those screws on each side of the holder fit into the flaps so when you put the front bag in, set the rifle in it allows you to tighten the bag around the rifle. If Rick puts in the picture of mine you will see the complete setup, hint, hint. The rest weights about 25lbs with harden points. No, there is no windage top and the cost does not include shipping. Gary has made about 30 of these rest now and he makes some real spectacular rests for the 1000 yd boys.

Bill Gammon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »

Here is the scoop from Gary

Gary Hayes Pedestal

All parts of this rest are hand made from 304 stainless steel.The legs measure 1.375 diameter x 7 inches log and bolt to the main hub using 3/8 socket head cap screws. The main hub is 4” diameter x 3” high. There is a inner bushing for the primary elevation and a mariners wheel for fine secondary adjustment. The top comes with a front stop and has aluminum side tensioning plates not shown in photos. The leg adjusters have pieces of high speed steel inserted into the ends of the threaded rods to help against wear on the concrete benches. The composite lock handle is fully adjustable for rotation to suit your hand when locking any vertical adjustment. No one has ever contacted me to say they can’t get low enough , and there is a ton of vertical adjustment built into this pedestal.
I also put a 1” thrust bearing under the mariners wheel for ease of lifting the gun to its final height.
Many shooters say that I should be charging a lot more for these rests but it was only ever intended to cover my shooting costs for the season. I know |Allied Machine on BR central are making an exact copy of my rest for $687. USD
The shipping box is made from ¾” plywood and weighs approx. 34 lbs.
They can be ordered for left and right hand shooters, and custom orders are considered. Some guys want a different thread or a bigger main hub or larger legs, just remember you have to carry it, OK?
Price as of this writing is $500. USD plus shipping. I have enclosed 2 photos also.
Feel free to e-mail or phone if you have any other questions and thank you for your interest.

Gary Hayes
26 Oak St.
St. Thomas, Ontario
Canada   N5R 1R4
1-519-633-9643
e-mail    garyjuliehayes@aol.com

abouwer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:54:32 PM »

Bill

What bag do you have on that Hayes rest in the picture?
Bill Gammon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:53:09 AM »

Bill

What bag do you have on that Hayes rest in the picture?

Back about 5 years ago Sinclair's gave me that bag to try out and see how I liked it. As you can tell it is still on the rest.
Page 136 of their new catalogue, Part #BAG28  $17.95 Cordura except for the bottom and flaps
http://www.sinclairintl.com/prod_detail_list/Front-Bags
On their website it is called Protekor #3
Hope this helps

abouwer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:26:53 AM »

Bill, i ordered one, and Gary sent it out thursday, cant wait to get started. Thanks for the help and info.
Bill Gammon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »

I know, I wrapped it. Have fun

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: