Author Topic: NBRSA nationals  (Read 10011 times)

Offline BobR

• View Profile
    • Hunting and shooting forum
NBRSA nationals
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
Good luck to all the Canadian shooters headed down to Phoenix!

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: NBRSA nationals
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »
Good luck to those that made the trip.....Gvr hell.....
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:30:06 AM »
I am very proud of our Canadian shooters for their performance at the nationals. As president of the Rosebud club I am also impressed with the fact that 5 Canadians at the nationals were from our club!

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 08:47:36 AM »
Thank you all for the wishes.
It was a very good shoot, weather was on the warm side getting into the 100+ range every day.
Wind conditions were typical Phoenix, with only one day where it got close to the stupid side.
Hugh and Rob got their equipment working and figured out the conditions to have some very good yardages.
Rick shot very consistent and started to place better as the week went on.
Wayne had a rail gun that decided to give him a challenge, he worked very hard on getting it up and running.
For myself I did quite poorly, tune and condition reading hurt my efforts.
Overall, it was a good shoot, well run buy the Berger group, great give a ways.
The only negative was that there was very few vender tents there, so most saved some money that they would normall spend on "gun bling".

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
Here are a few photos. The heat was something else for Canadians to be in for 8 days. We drank tons of water to avoid heat stroke. Hugh and Rob turned in spectacular finishes, with numerous Canadian International Records possibly having been broken.

Results can be found on the benchrest.com website in the competition section:
http://benchrest.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Competition-Benchrest-ONLY!

Rob S shot a tidy .078, a potential Canadian International record, in LV100 if I recall.

Rob S.

Tony B

Gary O

Wayne C

Hugh W

Wayne M

Rick, Wayne, Hugh, Tony
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:54:49 PM by rpollock »

Offline DaveHolmes (Homer)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 05:46:48 PM »
Hey Dan

Did you forget a couple of People.

Vicky

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »
No I did not forget Dave and Andy, enjoyed the limited time I got with them.
Hope everyone made it home safely.

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »
Thanks for posting photos Rick ,
The Nationals , I would like to thank the Berger people who did a fantastic job of organizing and running the match,
The run down , It was great to see Andy ,Dave ,Vicky and everyone else although I really did not have much time to visit, seems I'm always fiddling with something and It chews up all my time , could be the OCD ,( I am going to have to work on that), by the time I got done messing around every day it was dark and everyone was gone .I did see Dave and Andy a bit in passing but we were always going opposite directions ,
First 2 days were a little rough as I could not get a handle on the tune , bottom line is I sucked at 100 , not happy with that ,Rob Seeman and I stayed and shot until dark on Wednesday with the rails looking for another node , when 200 came around in the morning life got better , the rail turned on and I finished up respectable for the agg .
Thursday night ,I figured try the same for the bag guns so again Rob and I shot until dark looking for a decent node , and again the lower node looked to have a bigger window (I need big windows ,helps cover up poor decision making on the line ) , Thursday morning conditions were not tough and I was fortunate to ride the tune to a decent finish , Rob did a better job of chasing the tune and was on his way to passing me when luckily for me we ran out of targets ! Rifle kept shooting ok for lv and hv , looking back at the targets I should have been chasing the tune a little harder ,
In the end it worked out allright , had a great time just wish I had more time to visit , maybe when I get better at this I'll get some .
Need to thank Wayne Campbell once again, rifles were awesome ( they sure do make me look smart when I Don't screw up the tune ) and it was a pleasure to get to share a bench with him and TB
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the spring .

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 05:47:09 PM »
Great shooting everyone.

Jen and I were both sorry we couldn't make it. Jen enjoys Arizona and it's always a pleasure for me to shoot a match hosted by Berger.

See you all at the Cactus next year!

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
Congrats to the Canadian Contingent who made the trex to the Sonora desert to shoot the Nationals.

From what I hear it was a scorcher..... would have been nice to have been there but sometimes it is just not meant to be.

Mr. Pesky and Rob, job well done.  To the rest, kudos again for making the trex.

Until next year stay safe and healthy and get tuned up with your gear.

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk