Benchrest In Canada Forum
February 21, 2018, 05:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: REMINDER! - EMAIL RICKPOLLOCK@SHAW.CA TO REGISTER FOR THE FORUM

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage BR Rifles for Sale to support Saltspring Island Rifle Club Legal Fight  (Read 4382 times)
rpollock
Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:17:28 PM »

Shooters and vintage rifle enthusiasts. Take note that I am posting the following on behalf of John Foley and the Saltspring Island Rifle club. They are in the fight of their lives to keep their rifle club open in the face of mounting legal costs. The rifles have been donated to the Club and they would like to sell them to raise funds. John Foley called me today to ask if we could assist. Hopefully through our group one of our members or one of their network can find a home for these. I think a Vintage BR enthusiast or even someone wanting to build a vintage live varmint rifle would find these appealing. Please contact John below. His back story email is posted as well.

-------------------------------

My name is John Foley I’m President of the Salt Spring Island Rod and Gun club the club is 103 years old. Some of you may know we have been under legal attack from our new wealthy neighbour (who does not live on the property)/ large landholder on Salt Spring. The club has being sued twice and all of the directors are personally being sued. These law suits have cost us about $400K in legal and testing fees. The good news is we have made some legal precedence that will help protect gun clubs across Canada.
I was contacted by George Wachmann who founded Bench Rest Shooting in Canada. He is 92 years old. He gave me 4 rifles and equipment that are part of the “Systems” he used. I am selling these rifles and equipment and donating the money to my gun club to continue the fight for gun clubs. I am not a bench rest shooter and I am hoping some of you would be able to advise me where to market and what I should price these rifles. Any thoughts or questions please message or call me 250-537-0083.

Rifles

Bench Rest - R.W. Hart Robert Hart & Son custom heavy stainless steel barrel .222 Mag 21.5” long made by Clyde Hart with Balvar 24 J64363 Bauch & Lomb scope 22” long.

Heavy Varmint - R.W. Hart custom heavy stainless steel barrel .222 Mag 23” long made by Bob Hart with 24X Redfield scope XO1129 23” long with 9” long hood.

Hunter - Remington 40XB, steel barrel .222Rem 27” long with Balvar 24 Bauch & Lomb Rochester NY Scope YG3682 22” long

Light Varmint - Remington 40 XBR heavy stainless steel barrel .222 Rem 20” long with Remington Arms Co. 20XBR scope 16” long with 2” long hood

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:14:46 PM by rpollock » Logged

Bertde

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 04:26:04 AM »

HI Rick;
Those are beautiful rifles.
Do you have an e-mail address for John?
Thanks, Bert
rpollock
Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »

Bert, John is at:  ssi.john.foley@gmail.com

Bertde

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 06:14:20 AM »

Hi Rick;
I've e-mailed John twice but no response.
If you talk with him can you give my e-mail address - bertdevink@gmail.com
Thanks
duceman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 04:16:37 PM »

Hi Rick;
I've e-mailed John twice but no response.
If you talk with him can you give my e-mail address - bertdevink@gmail.com
Thanks

same results here............
DaveHolmes (Homer)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 05:16:03 PM »

Hey guys.

You are all on computer.  I believe I located a website  for Saltspring on the web .  John Foley's has an e-mail address on there.

Vicky
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: