Author Topic: BRSC SUPER SHOOT - ROSEBUD 2017  (Read 4994 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
BRSC SUPER SHOOT - ROSEBUD 2017
« on: August 07, 2017, 11:54:56 AM »
The Rosebud 2017 Super Shoot is complete. Results are below. Great turnout, with 16 dedicated group shooters from BC, AB, and Sask showing up to challenge themselves, each other, and the infamous Rosebud winds. Good times had by all. Many thanks to the Rosebud Club for the great venue, and the helpers for making a smooth match.

Rogues Gallery: nearest to farthest: Wayne, Lloyd, Hugh, Justan, Vic, Kyle, Scott
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:14:32 PM by rpollock »

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
Re: BRSC SUPER SHOOT - ROSEBUD 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
Want to send out a big thank you to Rosebud for hosting And to all the shooters that made the trip .
it was another really great shoot at Rosebud , weather was cool and calm on Saturday morning then warmed up nicely in the afternoon with a very light breeze , Scott Stevens dusted off his rifle from last year and beat the crap out of us  shooting  a teen agg in the am ,(excellent job Scott) wind picked up in the afternoon and made it more challenging , Tony Gauthier got it sorted out and led the way in the afternoon  with Dan and Rick close behind , Sunday at 200 started out the same cool and calm in the early morning then about 10:30 the rosebud wind we all know and love started to show up and increased to switchy  and turbulent wtf by noon , mistakes were costly , it was a fun and very challenging week end with a little something for the trigger pullers as well as the wind readers,
Rick and crew had  this match running so smooth we were done with both relays by 11:30 so we  got a 1 1/2 hour lunch to visit  , and we were still  all done by 3:30
all the improvements made to this facility  over the last few years have turned an already great club into a top  br range in the country to shoot at,  even though we were missing a bunch of regulars we had an excellent turn out . It's one of the few areas where numbers are increasing every year for sanctioned group shooting .I believe this is because of the two things , a club  that supports and encourages sanctioned competition shooting , and a big effort the local shooters put into helping ,informing and bringing along new shooters with the most current trends /info as well as equipment that is winning at the big shoots ,
Looking forward to the shoot in September and I hoping to see an even bigger group

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: BRSC SUPER SHOOT - ROSEBUD 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
Great shooting to all that attended......

It is nice to see the sport growing in AB and BC......

Would be nice to have traveled to share a bench with Happy Lloyd Gilmour......

Scott.......great shooting....for.the bit you do shoot that teen agg is awesome.  I have yet to shoot one....😞😞

Congrats again....
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk