Author Topic: Returned 6NIA  (Read 7049 times)

Offline K Hope

• View Profile
Returned 6NIA
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »
Been to busy to shoot this year so I hadn't made out my new application until a couple of weeks ago.

It was returned marked:  Powder can no longer be imported without explosive license.

Ken

Offline Blairguy

• View Profile
Re: Returned 6NIA
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:02:00 AM »
Hi Ken,

Does it refer to powder in bottles for reloading at the range or is the powder in preloaded ammo also an issue?

Cheers, Mike

Offline K Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:34:53 PM »
Hey Mike,

Trust you are well.

I re-applied using a different format and marked: - Applicant reloads for competition - and it was sent back today approved.  So I take this to mean no loose powder.  It kind of works for Score but Group is a different thing.  I also sent an E-mail off to a contact I had at ATF to see what my options were but I haven't heard back yet.

Take Care

Ken

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »
I had sent in a Form 6 in after June 16th, and my normal application information was rejected due to smokeless powder and primers being listed on the form.
I called in the find out why this was now an issue, in was told as of June 16th, smokeless powder was classified as an explosive.
My research on the subject did not show that smokeless powder or primers falling in the US explosives list.
I called in to get clarification and pointed out this point, they followed up on the question and got back to me with the response that the ATF considered smokeless powder an explosive as one of its components was listed in the explosive category.
I removed these two items from the form 6 and it was approved.
My other question was how one would be able to take powder and primers south, they suggested that I look into an explosive licence. I have not checked out the process or cost yet.

Offline K Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 06:13:34 AM »
Just wondering what others were doing and how was the best way to fill out this form?

Thanks...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk