Author Topic: Things to look for when buying a used BR rifle?  (Read 8675 times)

Offline sfulton

• View Profile
Things to look for when buying a used BR rifle?
« on: July 28, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
Hi all,

I'm considering picking up a used BR rifle from a friend of a friend and I'm curious what I should look (or look out) for when buying?  For 6PPC barrel round count is important, plus weight so I am in the proper class (I believe the rifle is LV but not 100%).  Any other ideas what to do?

Thanks,

-- Stephen

Offline RobS

• View Profile
Re: Things to look for when buying a used BR rifle?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:34:23 PM »
Best to buy a LV rifle. 10.5lbs with scope. Allows you to compete in all categories.  Knowing the gunsmith that assembled the rifle is nice to know. Barrel round count is not a real consideration as I would plan on having new barrels chambered. A custom action is best Bat , Kelbly etc is far better than trued factory. make sure everything works as it should. Test fire if possible.
Hope this helps.
Rob

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »
Get a discription of the rifle and post it , there are many on this forum that will be happy to help

Offline sfulton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:49:21 PM »
Thanks Rob and Pesky, I appreciate the advice and I'll post the details once I have them!

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »
It is good to know what scope it made weight with as they usually do not come with scope. Type and manufacture of stock can make a difference and what port configuration the action is and if you are right or left handed is important to know. An ejector is not necessary but it is more popular for resale and can speed things up on the line.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk