Author Topic: Lake of the Woods Gun Club Rimfire Score July 2017  (Read 3113 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Lake of the Woods Gun Club Rimfire Score July 2017
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »

Eighteen shooters attended, some traveled considerable distances. It was a Hot day reaching 30 degrees with no wind in the morning and mild readable breezes in afternoon. The lack of wind produced some very high scores in all classes.

In Semi Auto Class, Ron McDaniel’s 2014 record fell to Ken Chambers who raised the range record by 6 points. In Unlimited Class Ron Pettigrew shot patiently and defensively, taking no chances, using all the time allowed to shoot clean and tie the existing range record set by Phil Nick in 2012. Sporter Class had the potential to reset the range record but luck and other factors intervened.

Congratulations to the winners. It was interesting to watch the tight five-way horse races unfold and the animated reactions to dropped shots from dirty barrels, inconsistent ammo and mysterious unexplained invisible anomalies.

Semi Auto Class
1st Ken Chambers 735 – 18X * New Range Record
2nd Al Cardinal 721 – 13X
3rd Brian Prouty 688 – 15X

Sporter Class
1st Matt Cyr 740 – 23X
2nd Brian Prouty 738 – 25X
3rd Katelyn Jack 738 – 18X

Unlimited Class
1st Ron Pettigrew 750 – 41X
2nd Rod Jack 749 – 40X
3rd Grant Schick 749 – 30X

Special thanks to the Rod Jack family for putting on a great barbeque and feeding us lunch. Thanks to the volunteers who ran targets, helped score, acted as line safety officers and referees. And thanks to the shooters in all classes for the quality of competition they bring to our matches.

Dwayne Cyr

My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Lake of the Woods Gun Club Rimfire Score July 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
I was going to post some photos but my laptop and hosting site will no longer let me. 

Here are the full results. 

Sporter

Matt Cyr           740 23X
Brian Prouty      738 25X
Katelyne Jack    738 18X
Al Mutch          736 22X
Rod Macdonnel  733 20X
Donovan Jack    716 23X
Gavin Carlson    708 5X

Semi Auto

Ken Chambers 735 18X
Al Cardinal      721 13X
Brian Prouty    688 15X

Unlimited

Ron Pettigrew  750 41X
Rod Jack         749 40X
Grant Schick    749 30X
Cal Yanchycki  748 47X
Phil Nick          747 35X
Ron McDaniel   738 27X
Ted Bissett      729 23X
Burt Bastein     729 19X

I apoplogize in advance if I have spelled your name incorrectly.

What I will say is it was one of the nicest days I have ever shot a match in Kenora.  It was hot out but I love the heat.  The venue there is one of my favorites next to Selkirk and St.Louis.  Dwayne (better known as the Range Slave) puts a lot of time and effort into the facility to keep it up.  That is along with whatever volunteers he can muster up on a given day.

The matches there may be club matches but the turnouts have been consistent be it for the rimfire or centerfire score matches.  The equipment and the level of competition is constantly getting better.  This is in part to a few not to distant talented men who share there expertise and talents around lathes and milling machines.

Finally Ron P, congrats again, you did it.  Not sure how much practice you have been doing but you shot slow and steady and never took any chances.  That reversal is and can be so detrimental to ones score.

Dwayne (Colleen), thanks for putting on another great shoot and opening your house to me.  Hope to be back for the season finale at the end of the month.

My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk