Author Topic: Best Memory of 2009?  (Read 6796 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Best Memory of 2009?
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
For me it was seeing old friends and new faces at the Nationals in Regina, and seeing Joe M, and Lowell B, come to Rosebud for a shoot. Lots of great memories from these two shoots. Looking forward to more in 2010!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:32:12 AM by rpollock »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Best Memory of 2009?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »
Best memories of 09.  Winning my first yardage at 100 in Selkirk, coming in 2nd to Rob in the HV 200 at the Alberta Provincials, and most of all the comradery of all the shooters I was able to spend a weekend with this past year.
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Joe Mendham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:27:50 PM »
  For me it was returning to active competition ( thanks Rick )  after a 8 year layoff. Going to Calgary for the Labour Day weekend  for the shoot and meeting new people was defiantly the shooting high light for me. Also the fact that I didn't embarass myself was good too.

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 07:18:36 AM »
For me it would be the Alberta Provincials. The year 2009 was one I will never forget. I believe I had everything that could go wrong in benchrest do it to me. From scope to rest, to rear bag the only time I could shoot a group was with my rail gun. This is the kind of year everyone who shoots bench rest has or will have. I had hit the point of just selling it all and quiting. But decided to change a few things and shoot the last match of the year which was the provincials. The first match of the morning started out bad for me, but as it progressed I started getting more confidence that my equipment was all working and shots were finally going with the condition. After the first match I was in last place, but I was used to that so decided to just knuckle down and try to place first in the rest of them. Going from last place to second place in the three gun made me forget about the rest of the year and quitting a great sport.

for any shooter sho hits a year like this it can and will be frustrating, but you have to work through it. As one shooter told me " You can't quit." you just have to work through it and fix one thing at a time.
May we all have a great 2010 and see another growth in Canadian Bench Rest.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 07:52:27 AM »
Your are right Tony when you mention being told " you cannot quit, you have to work through the issues and try to resolve them".

At the Alberta provincials  when all was over Max mentioned about the terrible year she had compared to the year before.  In 08 Max shot like a house on fire.  This past year she struggled but did not give up.  She shot and did her best. 

I remember the one target she shot in the Unlimited at 100.  A 10 shot group with a bag gun in the 2's at a range like Rosebud.  That was the only target she said she wanted to take.  It was a nice group. 

I think it is those nice groups and more so when they are little that keeps me going and going trying to make another.

Anyways, from what I have heard from Doug, Max is going into training this winter and I recon will be a force to contend with in 2010. 
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk