Author Topic: Billings Montana Match Dates  (Read 12400 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Billings Montana Match Dates
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Here are the dates that I have seen for matches at Yellowstone Rifle Club, Billings Montana

http://www.yrc.org/

May 28-29, 2011  LV/HV
June 25-26, 2011 Montana State Championships LV/HV
July 23-24, 2011  Hunter

I am hoping to make the State Championships..........................

All depends on vacation time.................................................

Calvin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:48:10 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline James G.

• View Profile
Re: Billings Montana Match Dates
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
Thanks Calvin, if you come across any other matches in the northern states please let us know.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
Okay if anyone is interested in going to the matches in Billings I have some info.

Russ Cree runs the matches.  He is in the process of doing up a letter of invitation to invite any Canadians that are interested.  He can be contacted at:

racreemt@aol.com
phone:  1-406-252-2230.

Russ mentioned that there is camping at the range.  People can stay in the clubhouse if they want.  They have running water but no shower.  There is also a fridge and stove there as well. 

Range has a covered line with 14 benches.  Can load either in or outside.  Sounds like a nice place.

On a side note he is almost like family.  He was born in Dunseith ND which is about 1hr and 15min south of Brandon.

Later

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
If anyone is wanting a invitation to any of the Billings matches contact Russell at the above e-mail or call him and he will get one in the mail to you.

Calvin

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
Directions:

go to http://www.yrc.org this the club web site. scroll down the page and click on 7212 Molt Road, you will get a map to the range.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:57:44 PM »
It appears I am the lone Canucklehead making the trip.  Am really looking forward to the trip.  Shooting at a new range and meeting some new people.  I'll try and not embaras myself.........

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 08:33:13 PM »
Well it appears I am just about all packed and ready to go.  Hope to be on the road by about 3 PM.  Want to make about 600 k's to Glendive.  Have my room booked there.  Rooms hard to come by, oil boom.  Then it is an easy trip into Billings Thursday AM.  Time change will mess with me.  Been getting up at 6 Central so will be on the road by 6 Central.  Should be in Billings by 10 AM  Have a few pit stops in town before I head to the range.  A few necessities for camping out at the range and giving myself a big head in the evenings.

Later

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Kick some *ss! Have a good trip.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
Holy Cr+ppy Bloomers, had to adjust my planned route for the 3rd time.................. Flooding every where in ND.......

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:31:01 AM »
Just noticed for the trip to the BRSC Nats in Selkirk the #1 highway east of Regina is closed due to flooding. Detour through Yorkton according to highways ? Can't get over the amount of rain everywhere.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
Well made it to Glendive.  Trip was uneventful except for US Border crossing.  They went thru everything.  No big deal except for the lost time.  The one crossing agent is an avid varmint hunter.  Had a good chat with him.  Says he never seen anything like it.

Talk about water and Oil rigs.  Every little town from the Can/US border crossing at Westhope to Glendive is FULL of drilling rigs and men.  Do not see much of any crops until after Williston.  Well at least there will be some food around.  Final leg of the trip tommorrow.  Should be in Billings by about 9-10:00 Mtn time.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
The Montana State Championships has come and gone.  All I can say is what a GREAT TIME I had.  Jeff W and myself were the lone shooters from north of that horizontal line.  I fell in love with Yellowstone Rifle Club.  It is a picturesque place to shoot as well as challenging.  The openness of the home club shooters made it that much better.   They were more than willing to share some of the secrets of the range.  We had many many laughs.  More against the Canadians than the Americans.  Heck Jeff even taught Roger how to count in Canadian.  One Eh...... Two Eh...... Three Eh.......  It was great to feel like I was at home amongst this great group of guys.  I have always felt at home in the Northern US.  I MOST DEFINATELY will be back.

Russ Cree, with the assistance of some of his family members and Audrey Brown (NBRSA Office Manager) who scored the match, ran a great show.  Everything ran smoothly.  The weather pretty much cooperated.  We had one brief thunder shower Sunday afternoon but conditions pretty much returned to the same as it had been all weekend.  Tricky at times, okay usually, with the brief and I mean brief honey hole conditions.  

The clubhouse accomodations were pretty good.  I even had a chance to do some load development in there indoor shooting facility in the evenings................ Okay not....... ;=).  The indoor range was the perfect place to call home for 3 nights.  It was even better with the fully equipped kitchen facilities and washroom minus the shower.

Anyways I just want to say that if anyone is ever looking for a fun time and great shoot, I would fit Yellowstone Rifle Club in.  Keep in mind the Montana State for 2012.  I most definately am.

I did learn a few things, I will never ever trust my 100 yard load development without testing at 200.  The other is that I most definately have 1 rifle that shoots better than the other......................  It showed in the results Sunday.  Going from dead last Saturday to as high as fourth at one time Sunday only to see it slip away with a bad and I mean bad last group.  Why could the conditions not have been the same as when I shot my first group a .141.............  All part of the game I guess.

Oh and thanks to Rob Seelye for making my pants pockets a bit heavier ($$$$$$) and taking the time and effort to learn how to pronounce my last name............... until next time Rob.  Paul Holland it was a pleasure to meet and camp out with you at the range.  Sorry I did not spend more time in the BS department.  Yes I do tend to work to hard at this game trying to get better.

Some snapshots of Yellowstone.

2 GUN RESULTS

Calvin(Klondike)Yanchycki

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:22:20 PM by cyanchycki »

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
Looks like a great place, glad you had fun Calvin. See why they say to test at 200 yds and while the wind is blowing. It is almost never calm at a match and it is usually won at 200 yds.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »
Nice report Cal. Looks like a great place to shoot.

Offline Joe Mendham

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
   Klondike  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk