Author Topic: Selkirk Bench Rest Shooters Provincials  (Read 14445 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Selkirk Bench Rest Shooters Provincials
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:33:14 AM »
We are 2 weeks today for the final match of the year at Selkirk, Aug. 13 and 14.  Practice Friday for those who wish otherwise see you Saturday morning.

Shooters will be competing for the Jim Smola HV Grand Aggregate and the Everett Ammundgard Memorial 2 Gun Award.

This is the little bit I can tell everyone about these 2 gentlemen.  Everett Ammundgard, Thief River Falls, Minnesota shot at our range
for years until his passing. He considered Selkirk his range and never missed a shoot until near the end when health problems caused him to
miss a couple shoots.

Jim Smola was from North Dakota and he as well never missed a shoot except for health problems the last year.

Hope to see you there.

Calvin

P.S. As a little heads up, we have a shooter who has been tough on us this year and has gone 2-0.  Winning the May match and the BRSC Canadian Nationals.  With that in mind we have to be in fine form.
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Selkirk Bench Rest Shooters Provincials
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
Have a great shoot! Wish I was there!

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
Made it to Selkirk in one piece.  Turnout is not going to be as good as I had thought.  Running about 12 shooters at this time.  It is what it is.  Did a bit of practice in the brisk switchy conditions but it appears things are as I left in Calgary.  Lets see how things turn out come race day.

Later
Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Well we are off and running.  The weather this year has been a blessing to us in Selkirk.  Today is no exception.  Clear skies with temps maybe around 25 Celcius.  Conditions are I would say very manageble.  No gale force winds but at times a reversal could send you 2 rings out if you are not careful.  I never had it on record but did a bit of testing on my sighter.

The highlight for me is my quarter going to Ontario.  I had 4 in a little knot shooting the opposite condition I shot all day only to have my last shot drop straight out the bottom.  As for my little buddy Dwayne he held it together and did not loose that shot.  Kudos to him.

Time to leave for supper at Larter's Golf Course.  Results when I get back if I am still vertical.  Oh and not the rifle is out of tune verticle........

Later

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »
LV 100

1)  Calvin Y    .2272
2)  Dwayne C .2372
3)  Phil N       .2388
4)  Murray B  .2800
5)  Gord W     .3282

Small Grp

Calvin Y  .130

HV 200

1)  Murray B     .2434
2)  Phil N         .2692
3)  Calvin Y      .2730
4)  Doug S      .2918
5)  Dwayne C  .2946

Small Grp

Dwayne C  .125

Doug was giving us a lesson this afternoon until he decided he did not want 1st place and decided to shoot a big juicy fat 1/2"r on his last target of the day.  That D'Back that he is shooting appears to be a pretty good shooter or has the potential too when Doug stays focused on the task at hand.

Tommorrows conditions are supposed to be similar to what we had today with possibly slightly warmer temperatures.  Temps forcasted for 29 Cel and winds up to 15 KPH.

Calvin   

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »
Thanks for the updates Cal!

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
Cal opened the can of whoopa$$. Congrats on your first 2-Gun Win! Details as follows:

2 Gun

LV 100

LV 200

LV Grand

HV 100

HV 200

HV Grand

Offline Dwayne Cyr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 05:34:26 AM »
Yes Calvin
Congratulations on your 2 Gun win, it was much deserved. You are definitely improving and have figured things out. Whats my excuse? I got my moneys worth out of Ted's barrel. A good barrel can only carry me so long, but "I'll be back". That had to be the worst mirage I ever shot in. The Selkirk range on a 30 degree day with hardly any wind, now that is mirage.

Good shooting Cal. Glad you won, you deserve it.

Dwayne

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »
Congratulations Calvin, good to see you get your 1st 2-Gun win.
DanO

Offline Gordon Wald

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 08:31:29 AM »
Hey Calvin
That was great shooting this last weekend. You really hung in there and stayed consistant all weekend. I really enjoyed the weekend.  Gord

Bill Gammon

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
Well where the hell are you now, I am in Luxemburg right now keeping tabs on you but I have to get off because Abbott is going to buy me a beer as soon as I send this.

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
A good weekend of shooting Cal. You won almost enough Wood to build a boat.

Phil

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »
Thanks again guys.  It sure feels good. 

I do get a feeling that next year it is going to get tougher.  There are some good shooters out there who were not at the match and some of you were struggling.  A few new barrels, and kinks ironed out and it will be an all out war next year. I know that next year MAX will be back.  It is good to know that they finally found it the rifle is the issue.  To bad Doug never gave Max the Viper sooner. 

I shot like a PUTZ yesterday morning.  The only thing that got me going was taking that SNEAK PEAK at the results and the running 2 gun results.  Starting the LV 200 Murray was in first in the 2 Gun and I think it was Phil or Gord in second I was third.  I thought I could maybe get second but was not sure.  Honestly, I had my sights on Murray hoping I could climb the ladder to the top.  Starting off with a .289??? sure helped.  Then in that NASTY mirage shooting a .613 when everyone else shot a BIG one gained me more ground.  That is when Murray shot his HUGE group.  I just told myself not to worry about getting a little one but just shoot steady.  I managed to hold it together and NOT blow it this time.

It was a great shoot, weather was great, and the social time as well.

Offline MBenson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
I wonder if their is anyone that could go to Brandon and look up Calvin and chip that BIG smile off of Calvin's face. He shoot well and bit off a couple yards of nails, held the course with his dedication and gave us a lesson in shooting. He deserves the win and worked hard for it. My hat is off to you Calvin, NICE SHOOTING.

Thanks to all that helped with the shoot and to all the shooters that supported us this year in Selkirk, it's been a great year, and we look forward to 2012 to gather with all the good people that shoot Benchrest with us in Selkirk.
 Once again, congratulations Calvin, to coin the phrase "You da Man" Murray

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
Can you say CALVIN IS A DUMB A+S???????

I here thru the grapevine that I just blew a chance at a potential NEW BRSC LV Grand Agg Record.  Oh well........  Maybe next year, or the year after, or the year after that............... Maybe never.........

Here I am writing about records and rules to follow that I do not even care about checking for myself.  How UNSELFISH Calvin is........ ;D ;D

Offline James G.

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
Congratulations Calvin!!  You put your nose to the grindstone and it paid off this year.  And yes, I'll see you on the line next year, and I'm going to bring " my L'il friend" !
                    Wichita James

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »
Congratulations Calvin, that is big when you win a two gun! Now you got to go to the Super Shoot! The pressure is on now!

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 05:22:36 PM »
John it will happen some time along the way.

Next year is pretty much planned out.  Trip to Florida in late Jan early Feb with my daughter.  Billings for the Montana State, had a ton of fun at the shoot this past year.  Finally, hopefully Phoenix for the Nationals in October.

Calvin

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »
 Calvin, I am just funnin with you. It does seem to work that way though, once you get a win at smaller shoots, you want to test in the bigger shoots and the next thing you know yer in a foreign country spending more money on travel and supplies than you dreamed possible.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
No problem John.  I have only been to one big shoot and that was the Nationals last year.  I was debating on not going cause I was really having a bad go of it.  The guys from Alberta kept on me to go and I am ever so GLAD I went.  LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.  What you learn at a big shoot cannot be described.  I saw that first hand.  Unless you have been to one, one will never know.

I look forward to shoots away because there is new blood and ideas to kick around.  I also find that almost EVERYONE is helpful to a first timer to there range.  They make you feel at home there.

Calvin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk