Author Topic: Another New Guy  (Read 6035 times)

Offline RayS

• View Profile
Another New Guy
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
I've been reading this forum for quite some time and thought it's time to join.  Looking to buy my first benchgun (retirement gift to myself) so I will be asking questions.  There is no club or benchrest shooters in my town so I will be relying on this forum to get me started and keep me on the right track.  I'm looking for a gun in 6PPC to start with so any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Ray

Offline DanO

• View Profile
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
Ray, interestingly enough that is about the way most of us got started in BR.
There are several rifles in the for sale area that would make a great place to start.
Depending on your location, there may be one of the fellows close enough to be a bit of a mentor.
Use this web site and ask all and any questions that you have, and folks will be more than happy to offer there ideas.
We welcome all new shooters and do try and aid in getting one off the ground in what can be a steep learning curve to accuracy.
DanO

Offline Blairguy

• View Profile
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:27 AM »
Ray,
Welcome!
If your experience in discovering benchrest shooting is anything like mine you will get enormous fun and satisfaction from it. Good luck and once we know what area you live in you will probably get offers of help.

Have fun, Mike   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk