Author Topic: 2012 Road Runner Rio Grand Benchrest shooters  (Read 5616 times)

Offline RobS

• View Profile
2012 Road Runner Rio Grand Benchrest shooters
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
This year I decided to try to make one or two matches at ranges that I had never shot. I was in Billings in June and just got back from New Mexico. The first thing I would say the Rio Grand range is the finest BR shooting facility I have ever shot at. The match was very well run with no glitches. Todd Tyler, Ed Adams and Jack Snyder put on a fantastic match.

AIR CONDITIONED reloading building close to the line but nice and quiet while the line is shooting.

The firing line is well covered , the benches are 10 ft plus apart the range is flat with no berms.

The weather was perfect. 80s-90s 20% RH. Windy as would be expected but not switchy.. I picked up some Canadian AA 2015 lot3 and Benchmark at the local Sportsman Warehouse. I never got a good handle on the 2015 as the first agg showed  and switched to Benchmark. Things got better but wasn't able to keep up with the big boys.. Stats are on BRCentral if you are interested. I shot behind Charles Huckeba. I had not met him before. He was great to shoot with and I learned alot about his tuner use. A real gentleman and one of the the BR greats.
I highly recommend this shoot. The people are great the facility is the very best and I plan to be back.

Robert

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Road Runner Rio Grand Benchrest shooters
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
Thanks for the report Rob. Looks like a good one for next year.

Results here:

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx119/frenchy524/2012%20ABQ%20Roadrunner%20money%20shoot/009.jpg

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to snap a few photos along the way.

I was following the results of the shoot.  Now I know what happened Sat AM.  Good to see your staple came to work for you.  You also had some pretty stiff competition but faired well after the AM.

Robert where from Albuquerque is the range located?

Calvin
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:40:13 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »
Thanks for the post Rob. I've always enjoyed Albuquerque and have been considering attending a match there in 2013. From your pictures and description of the range I think I better make the time or I'd be missing out!

Offline RobS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »
The Range is 10 min west of the city.  The city is easy to get around and motels and resturants are about 15 min from the range. This is a city owned range and has a police training range and other public shooting ranges at the same complex. The range in the pics is bench rest only and has 30 benches but is capable of expanding to 60 benches. It would be a nice place for Nationals or Worlds. Indoor Air conditioned reloading has spoiled me.
I flu from Edmonton to Denver and then on to Albuquerque. I would consider flying to Pheonix and driving the 5 hours next time.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk