Author Topic: Selkirk Spring Shoot  (Read 5906 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Selkirk Spring Shoot
« on: May 04, 2013, 05:04:32 AM »
Well the weekend is upon us. Weather is calling for temps in the teens. Will keep you up to date as best I can at half time or the end of the day.
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Selkirk Spring Shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:05:12 AM »
Day 1, courtesy of Cal.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:18:38 AM »
What a weekend.  The weather was great.  Clear skies both days.  Winds Saturday were out of the North.  In other words a head wind that was very switchy from R-L, maybe about 10-2.  Sunday the winds were a bit lighter but out of the South.  Switchy as well.  What a fun place to shoot.

Mirage.....................................................all I can say is WOW.  Mirage even at 100 that made it tough at times.  200 that was another story.  Phil Nick's take on it, he has never seen mirage like that where the black square would come and go like a camera flash going off.  Regardless, somehow Phil managed to conquer the switchy wind and mirage at 200 to basically shoot VERY DAMN WELL.

Anyhow, I have sent Rick the full results and he will get them up in time.  We only had 10 shooters which is pretty much our normal core of shooters.  It sure would be nice to see a few more youngsters join the ranks........................

Till we see you June 29 & 30 for the Nationals.

Calvin

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:46 AM »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »
I should mention that Phil is the proud owner of the NEW LT-32.  He shot it along with the Berger Column bullets.  He had some issues Saturday with his groupings but managed to shoot VERY WELL through the Mirage Sunday.  Who would have thought you could come back from a group over 1" at 100 yards.  Never say NEVER.

If Murray gets the equipment list transfered over to his PC, you will be able to have that info.

What I do know is Phil was shooting his Canadian Flag gun built by Lyle.  JTR Stock, Borden action, frozen Leupold by Bob Brackney with Brackney mounts, Bartlein barrel chambered with a .268 neck.

In actuality, there were a lot of small groups forming and I mean small at 200 with 1 shot killing the group.  Harold and Peter were victims of that.  If they could have kept those shots in the groups the results would have been a lot different.

Finally we did have one Cross/Non crossfire.  It SUCKS to try and run a match and shoot at the same time.  Walter called out crossfire.  The concensus was Peter was crossfiring on Walter.  Peter had 4 shots on what was Walters target.  I advised Peter to then put the last shot on his target.  He would only be hit with 8" instead of 10". LOL.  Walter proceeded to NOT shoot any shots on his target.  Thus being assessed a 10" penalty.  When the smoke cleared it was not Peter who was on the wrong target it was Walter. 

Moral of the story, it is tough to run a match and shoot, and DO NOT Listen to your neighbor when he yells crossfire.  LOL.

Calvin   

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk