Author Topic: ATF Form 6NIA questions  (Read 7800 times)

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
ATF Form 6NIA questions
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
I'm filling out an ATF 6NIA form for the first time and am wondering about what to put down for "Ammunition".   I'm going to be taking in reloads.  6ppc, .223, 22-250, etc.  Do I just make it simple for the civil servants and put down "Lapua" and "Winchester" under Name and Address of manufacturer or do I tell the truth and say I manufactured the ammo? 

Also what about reloading components like powder and primers?  I'm sure I'll have to have them on the form. Yes-No?

Cheers
Greg

Offline Gary Cain

• View Profile
Re: ATF Form 6NIA questions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »
Greg just list what ever name is on the head stamp of the brass. As far as components go the ATF do not require it so i have never listed it. They really only want to make sure your serial number on the gun and on the form are identical. I have never been asked any questions about ammo or components. I have been useing the form every year since it was introduced and at least six times a year. For Lapua i put down 25 rounds and shot gun shells 500 rounds.
Gary

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:27:39 AM »
Also what about reloading components like powder and primers?  I'm sure I'll have to have them on the form. Yes-No?

Cheers
Greg

Greg, last year I just listed the components under manufacturer "10 lbs N133 smokeless powder, 120 Lapua brass cartridge cases, 1200 6mm bullets for reloading at the range". Then under Caliber I put 6mmPPC. For some reason I forgot to list primers, anyhow it didn't matter.

Rick

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:39:04 AM »
Thanks guys, answers all my questions.
cheers
Greg

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
I always put down lots of components. You don't have to take everything you put down, but I always worry that I will want to take something that I didn't list!!!! I always put down that I carry spare bbl's. and scopes for varying conditions and equipment failure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk