Author Topic: rimfire benchrest 50 yard "club" rules links  (Read 10025 times)

Offline KeithZ

• View Profile
rimfire benchrest 50 yard "club" rules links
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
After looking a little harder I found the following club rules.

Mission 50 yard rules....
http://www.missionrodandgun.com/rifle/22benchrest

Minto 50 yard rules....
and thanks to Bertde's link to "New Brunswick Benchrest Shooting", I found their rules.....
Sporter Class
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UOGDEsz1dlr7duytCpUzMwvyFU81fOxOUl4YF3EG810/edit
Open Class
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bys2REhN--pwLVJtenNqNl9sVkR6TmxudHN1TE95aG9wT1FB/view

I'm getting a little confused between "club" and "formal" rules.....are there any "official/formal" rimfire benchrest competitions in Canada?

Keith

Offline Dwayne Cyr

• View Profile
Re: rimfire benchrest 50 yard "club" rules links
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:20:11 PM »

There are no "official/formal" rimfire benchrest competitions in Canada that I'm aware of. We started shooting rimfire benchrest in Kenora in 2010 with only one class called .22 Benchrest Class. We settled on the RBA rule book and added some "club rules" to make it easier. After looking at available targets, we settled on the IBS target because it scored like our centerfire score targets and beginners could shoot a reasonable score. The intention was to get people out to shoot. In 2011 we added a semi auto class because the 1022 shooters wanted their own class separate from the bolt actions. By May of 2013 the quality of rifles had improved, the top 3 were a Cooper TRP3, Anschutz and Kimber. At that point we added the Unlimited Class for serious match rifles to separate the March scoped equipment from the Cooey Model 60's. The existing bolt action class became Sporter Class. We normally shoot 3 targets in a day for a total of 750 points. Usual turn out is around 15 shooters. Unlimited Class shooters mostly use Center X and most Sporter and Semi Auto Class shooters use SK Standard Plus. At some point I could see us changing to a more challenging target like the USBR. We order in pizza for lunch and its a nice relaxing day.

Dwayne     

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »
Club rules are just that, club rules.  Most clubs will follow a general rule book from some sanctioning body but will alter a few of the rules to not discriminate from those who do not have rifles that fall into a class.  They do not want to discriminate against those so they alter the rules to get more shooters.  This is great for the club.

BUT

When it comes to make something more formal like a registered match, which I would love to see for Centerfire score or Rimfire score, it becomes almost impossible.  Clubs do not want to loose shooters to formalizing any sort of match.  Look at Rimfire and the different targets and scoring clubs use just reading these posts?

Honestly, I have never shot Dwayne's rimfire match but I will.  If not this year next year for sure.  To many irons in the fire in the BR world.  Still have Centerfire things to pay for this year.

I like the format they have using the IBS target.  It is not about using a target that is tough, yes there are tough Rimfire score targets out there, and worst edge scoring.  It is about encouraging the shooter that may not have the funds to go full blown.  In my opinion some targets are rather discouraging to shoot.  JMO.

Getting back to your original question I doubt there are any Rimfire matches in Canada that follow any rule book to a tea.   Again JMO

Calvin

My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline KeithZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »
Hey guys thanks for the detailed info!!! It answers all of my original questions.

I'm pretty much on my own here in Calgary when it comes to rimfire competitions but looking forward to shooting with the Mission guys this summer if I get the chance.

I'm going to the Rosebud "bench rest 101" clinic this weekend. It is centerfire but should learn tons and hopefully to join their club when membership are open again.

Keith

Offline KeithZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
Thanks Tammy I'm in contact with yodave now.

Keith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk