Author Topic: Lake of the Woods Gun Club Kenora Ontario 200 Meter Score Match 2013  (Read 3804 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Lake of the Woods Gun Club Kenora Ontario
200 Meter Score Match
August 25th 2013,
In spite of the 33 degree weather, our match was attended by 13 shooters including Calvin who made the 4 ½ hour journey from Brandon to try his skill at score shooting. Calvin’s presence added a whole new dynamic to our match. The final results looked strange. Phil in third place? That can’t be right. In the end one of the home boys put a stop Cal’s winning streak and got some pay back for spanking the Kenora boys at the last 2 events in Selkirk.
Hunter Class
First Place Ken Chambers 215 with 3 X’s
Second place Al Cardinal 200
Third Place Rod Jack 198

Varmint Hunter Class
First Place Barry Marciniac 225 with 1 X
Second Place Brian Prouty 203
Third place Gil Pelletier 185

Varmint for Score/Open Class
First place Dwayne Cyr 247 with 6 X’s
Second place Calvin Yanchycki 246 with 4 X’s
Third place Phil Nick 242 with 5 X’s

Thanks to the competitors who came out to support the Club.

D. Cyr

Calvin Y.

Rogues Gallery
Back Row: Barry Marciniac, Al Cardinal, Phil Nick, Dwayne Cyr, Brian Prouty, Gord Wald.
Front Row: Donovan Jack, Rod Jack, Calvin Yanchycki, Ken Chambers, Rod MacDonnell, Gil Pelletier.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:10:36 AM by rpollock »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Lake of the Woods Gun Club Kenora Ontario 200 Meter Score Match 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »
What a great time.  This was my first time to Kenors since I was maybe 8 years old.  I do not remember the drive back then but I sure remember it this time.  After the Steinbach corner heading east it gets more and more beautiful.  Yes, lots of rock and trees and lakes.  GODS COUNTRY.

The Kenora group were great hosts and welcomed me with open arms.  The guys that I met, it felt like I had known them for years.

The facility is a beautiful one.  Maybe in time we may be able to host the BRSC Canadian Nationals in Kenora.  Just may need a few 12' flag poles along the right side.

For the first time shooting score I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I treated it as a group shoot in a round about way.  If a condition was holding and the bullet went into the 10 ring I shot the target as fast as I could.  I did get burned on the first three loosing points but on the last 2 shot clean.

I will be back.

Great job guys and thanks for everything.

I do have a video I shot of Dwayne shooting one target but he threatened to "SPOON" me if Iput it up....   
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk