BR News > WBSF - World Benchrest Shooting Federation Events

GOOD LUCK TEAM CANADA

<< < (2/4) > >>

DanO:
Another practice day has been completed, with only 3 more registered shooters to arrive yet.
Most of the early arriving shooters have gotten things working and with 2 more practice days everyone should have time to get themselves sorted out.
Bit cooler today, with some rain early and late in the day.
Team Canada had their team meeting this afternoon and are ready to compete for the medal positions.
Tony and the team have the range looking great and the club is getting great review from the competitors on the range facility.
US team Captain Walt Berger arrived today, and looks great for a man of his age, he was kept busy this morning shaking hand with all the folks that he has friended over the years. A lot of credit must bestowed on Walt as he was the mind behind getting the WBC started. Here we are having the 15 such event at the Rosebud Range.

DanO:
Today’s practice seen a lot of shooters testing the 200 yard range, I heard several shooter comment on the fact that what worked on Sunday was not working today. Temperatures were down a bit, and there was a rain shower at about 4:00.
It appears that everything is ready for the competition, from the club perspective.
Graeme M. Has been the Range Officer for the last couple of days, and the line has been managed without incident, good job Graeme.
We have had a good lunch served the last two days, so no one is starving.
Free coffee and water provided by HW Precision, thanks Hugh.
I seen Walt Berger out with his spotting scope all day keeping his eye on the US team members.
The WBC delegates meeting is being held tonight, be interesting to see if anything new is added to the organization.
With the 2021 WBC being held in South Africa, the delegates will choose where the 2023 will be held.
Stampede breakfast tomorrow morning, so another event to get the shooter together.
I noticed that this event has pulled in a good number of younger shooter from Several countries which is great to see, along with many of the repeat competitors from the regularly attending countries.
This great for me as I get to catch up with so many of the folks I have met over the years, and build some new friendships with many I have not met previously.
Everyone is managing through the many language bearers presented with this diverse group of nationalities.
Last day of practice tomorrow for the competitors, and the spouses have started there busy events schedule, thanks to efforts of Carolyn Pollock.

Bertde:
Thanks Dan, for keeping those of us who would love to have been able to attend, informed.
We are there in spirit and wish Team Canada "Good Shooting".

DanO:
The last day of practice has concluded in spite of some wet conditions early and late in the day. It was the official gun weigh in day with Scott Stevens and Mark DuMont handling the chores, well done guys.
Target frames and backers are up, flags have been set, so the race begins tomorrow. Opening ceremonies will start at 9:00 am and shooting start by 10:00 am.
The meet and greet happened tonight as part of the social participation of shooters and spouses at the west end Sheridan Hotel (several teams staying there) and it was a good time.
One of the questions MC Bob Richards ask was a show of hands based on age groups, and surprising the 20 year old group had a number of participants. Great to see in a sport known as a gentlemen (older) sport.😉
Walt Berger was asked to say a few works at the event, and as always some sage word were spoken.
The spouses are off to Banff tomorrow on their events schedule, they should have a good time there.
I was able to tour Steve Minckler from Vancouver Island around the facility after the afternoon downpour, it was his first visit to the Rosebud range, hopefully he can make it back to shoot with us.
As has happened each day, the volunteers from the club have been on site assisting in the kitchen, garbage removal and security. Lloyd Gilmore has been on site with Tony Gauthier to handle the night time security, for the last week, it’s a thankless job but thanks for handling it.
Looking forward to tomorrow’s start, good shooting to all.
Remember to check the https://www.albertarifle.com/world-benchrest-championship web site for pictures of the proceedings.

McD:
3rd in LV 100 very nice shooting Lloyd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version