Sponsors > Hugh Williamson Precision

Real World Results With HWP Barrels

<< < (2/6) > >>

DanO:
Way to go Peter, that is some awesome shooting.
Tell us a little about your equipment, bullets, barrel etc.
DanO

rpollock:
Here is the equipment list:

PJSmith:
To answer your question, Dan - I have 4 rifles, 3 LV and 1 HV. All are Bat DS actions, R/R/R configuration, Bix N' Andy triggers, Scoville stocks, bedded and glued by Dwight Scott. The barrels on my HV and my "go to" LV are HWP barrels with Bukys tuners. For several years now I have shot Bill Mitchell's bullets exclusively and my chambering /gunsmithing is done by Randy Johansen, my friend and shooting partner. The magic lies with the barrels, bullets and the gunsmithing, not the components.
It was a pleasure shooting with all you guys at the Nationals and I am looking forward to seeing you next summer in Calgary.
Peter

Dwayne Cyr:
Curious about the twist and grooves? Cut or button?

PJSmith:
The barrels I use are Hugh's cut rifled, 13 1/2 twist. I have shot lots of 14 twist barrels from Rob MacLennan in the past and I shot Rob's 13 1/2 twist barrels in recent years as well. I think I have shot a little better with Rob's and now Hugh's 13 1/2 twist barrels. I can't say 13 1/2 twist is definitively better. I'm a little thick headed so maybe I'm finally learning to shoot this game a bit better.
Peter 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version