Author Topic: CZ 452 Benchgun  (Read 10380 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
CZ 452 Benchgun
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:15:29 AM »
My attempt at a low budget rimfire.  Put together by Sorensen.

Has some potential.

My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Gary Cain

• View Profile
Re: CZ 452 Benchgun
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »
Nice looking gun Calvin, tell us more about it.
Gary

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: CZ 452 Benchgun
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:41:19 PM »
It started life as a 452 Varmint.

I talked with Dennis Sorensen about possibly rebarreling it and turning it into a benchgun.  He said that when he was going to Gunsmithing school in Trinidad they did lots of work on the old BRNO's.  I then new it could be done by Dr. Dennis........ :P

I ordered a Benchmark reverse taper barrel in 16.5 twist.  Ordered a stock from Don Stith at the same time.  Rings from BKL.  They only thing i may do different today is get a Weaver adapter rail and use better rings.  The ones I have work fine.  I worked on the trigger myself trying various springs and tips off the internet.  A lot of polishing and honing stone and I was happy for the time being.  When I found out there were aftermarket parts coming out I slowly started to change them out.  So I currently have a spring from a Eric Brooks kit, and an adjustable sear from I cannot remember.

Sent the stock and barreled action to Dennis for his magic.  He bedded the action, chambered, threaded and headspaced for Lapua ammo.  Cut the extractor groves as well.  Basically it.

I finished the stock with Truoil, mounted the rings and Weaver 36X fabricated and installed the butt pad out of aluminium.

It shoots fairly well with my limited testing with Eley Tenex and Lapua Master M.  I prefer Master M as it appears to be quite consistent.  Eley though has given my best groups the last time out.  Time will tell.

Link to more pics  http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/cycbb486/cz%20452/

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:01:20 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk