Author Topic: Cases for front rest and accessories  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
Cases for front rest and accessories
« on: October 08, 2022, 09:31:21 PM »
While attempting to create some type of order in my garage today I found a set of plastic ammo boxes I had purchased at Princess Auto a couple years ago. Looking at the size I was immediately hopeful one would work for my JJ Lo front rest, and one for the rear rest and some odds and ends.

The front rest is a perfect fit other than the lid on the box was 1/2" low. I was able to correct that by heating the lid with a heat gun and closing the lid with a spacer, this bent the lid enough to create about 1/4" gap on the top. A few pieces of foam glued to the corners where the feet of the rest are and it is perfect.

The second box I fitted some new foam in (also from PA), cut a recess for my rear bag, it also holds a couple boxes of ammo, a metal ammo stand, and the base for the front rest. Items in this case may change, but it's a good start.

I think I paid $30 for these boxes, they also com with 3 smaller ammo cans inside each one (set of 4) - pretty hard to beat for the price. Before this I had the front and rear rests in a large Rubbermaid type box, it was quite heavy and awkward.

Nice little project for a Saturday afternoon, and a good way to distract myself from a few chores that are calling my name!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 10:18:56 PM by Kelly N. »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk