Author Topic: Stampede Shootout - Rosebud July 15/16 2023  (Read 1104 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Stampede Shootout - Rosebud July 15/16 2023
« on: June 18, 2023, 11:43:54 AM »
Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club is pleased to announce the Stampede Shootout will take place July 15th and 16th. This will be a BRSC sanctioned group shoot. Memberships can be purchased at the range if you need one. The Stampede Shootout will be 4-Gun contest where we will shoot all 4 BR group shoot classes. The course of fire will be 5 shot groups at 100 yards over the two days.  The Champion will be the lowest in the combined 4-Gun Grand Aggregate, with individual class aggregates awarded as well. Match Fee is $80 for the weekend. Program as follows:

July 13th Thursday - BR201:Target management/strategy, and neck turning discussion (starts at 1 PM in loading room).
July 14th Friday - Practice Day and Ask Hugh a Question Day (all day).
July 15th Saturday - Sporter 100 yds in AM, and LV 100 yds in afternoon, Club supplied BBQ takes place after the matches.
July 16th Sunday - HV 100 yds in the AM, Unlimited (5-shot) 100 yds in afternoon, Trophy presentations after matches finished.

BR related Swap Meet will be all 4 days. I will have an area set up for a BR swap meet in the clubhouse, so feel free to bring BR related items you wish to display for sale.

Camping is allowed and those looking to camp at the range should contact me in advance to make arrangements. This is dry camping with no amenities. If anyone is looking for hotel recommendations please contact me.

Loading is in the clubhouse where we have space for about 30 shooters and their reloading equipment and there are electrical outlets available for chargemasters, autotricklers etc.

We have 3 sets of range flags available for use by out of town shooters, and we also have Farley bases for people who want to travel only with the Farley tops.
There will be a BBQ on the Saturday after the shooting is completed. The club will supply the main course, side dishes and soft drinks.

Friday practice day and BR201 is available for everyone. Out of towners and non-members let me know in advance if you plan to participate in this so we can arrange gate access on the Thursday and Friday.

If anybody need directions try this link: https://goo.gl/maps/j3MZ9Z2zfEA2 or https://www.albertarifle.com/directions

It is very helpful for us to know in advance who all is coming to this shoot, to arrange helpers and support to make the match run smoothly. To that end please let me know if you are attending, unless we have communicated already.

Any questions please send them through to rickpollock@shaw.ca

This is shaping up to be a very well attended event. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stampede Shootout - Rosebud July 15/16 2023
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 02:52:15 PM »
Reminder to everyone we are closing in on this shoot. Going to be a great time. Get in touch with me if you are planning on coming and haven't spoken with me already.

Rick

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 08:45:13 AM »
The Stampede Shootout is complete. This was the best attended shoot we have had a Rosebud, other the World Championships. It was great to see so many out of town shooters. It definitely makes it worthwhile to host the shoots when so many people participate.

Once again Mark Dumont brought his A-Game and beat the stuffing out of us. Well done Mark, you are the Stampede Shootout 4-Gun Champion!

Thanks go out to the Rosebud Club for the use of the facility and to all the Helpers that make it happen!

Results and photos below.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 09:03:39 AM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 08:49:52 AM »
Equipment list to follow in due course.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 09:05:47 AM »
Full house.

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 03:42:46 PM »
This was my first match and I didn't really know what to expect. I was there for the full 4 days, what a great time!

Many thanks to everyone who organized and worked the event, everything was flawless.

I learned a lot, thanks for all the advice. I look forward to the next time I can make it up there, what a great facility. Also looking forward to another match, hopefully my speed will pick up a bit and I can actually look around a bit - the competition days are busy, you guys sure make it look easy.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 03:49:51 PM »
Kelly it was great to have you at the match. It is a lot to take in, welcome to the rabbit hole. Hope to see you in Calgary again.

Equipment list is attached.

Offline wharris1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 08:29:20 PM »
 This is a great event  I am looking forward to the next one
thank you Rick
William

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2023, 09:12:44 AM »
This was my first match since 2021 and boy have the number of competitors sure grown in the past few years! It's so nice to see. Thanks to Rick for his continued hard work promoting benchrest in Canada.

Offline TJanzen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2023, 08:18:54 AM »
I would also like to thank Rick and his team for putting on a great event.  Congratulations to all the winners!! 

This was my second time at the stampede and thoroughly enjoyed myself.   And I learned a very important lesson about 'equipment failure' on my last target lol.   The support and learning opportunities are Top Notch.  Looking forward to the next time I get to see you all again. 

Have a great rest of the summer and best of luck to our National team in Paris.

tim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk