Author Topic: Kenora Score Match  (Read 685 times)

Offline Dwayne Cyr

• View Profile
Kenora Score Match
« on: May 01, 2023, 06:08:59 AM »
Lake of the Woods Gun Club in Northwestern Ontario held a 2-day score match April 29/30. Spring has not quite arrived here yet. Saturday it snowed a little and melted on the ground.

Sunday at 200 was the windiest match held here in memory. It was a north wind funneled down the 500-meter range and into your face. The gusts blew away gun cases, timers, scope covers and anything not secured. And dust. Some gusts had to be leaned into and braced against to keep from being blown off your spot.

Thanks to the wind burned shooters who froze their asses off. Thanks to all the volunteers and helpers who make our events possible. Special thanks to Davy Jones for bringing a wood stove and a load of firewood.
Equipment list to follow.

Submitted by:

Dwayne Cyr
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 06:12:56 AM by Dwayne Cyr »

Offline duceman

• View Profile
Re: Kenora Score Match
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 06:22:16 AM »
some not terrible scores considering the weather!

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 08:05:15 AM »
Another great and enjoyable shoot.  If you ever get a chance to shoot a VFS match in Kenora, do it.  The wind and switchy conditions make it a humbling place.  One day you can lay down good scores, the next look out.  You find or dial a condition and things are going good until it never wants to come back.  Then you scramble to the sighter and have to hold off about 2 rings and pray that there is NOT a sudden flip in the flags......  I suffered that.....Some of those gusts were nasty.

Otherwise fun time as usual, great comradary, good lunches,(Steve did a great job on the burgers), and the evening get togethers at the Nick's and supper at Ristorante.

Tell we see you in August.
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Dwayne Cyr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 03:53:25 AM »
Here is the equipment list:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk