Author Topic: Neckturning  (Read 4233 times)

Offline sfulton

• View Profile
Neckturning
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering what your thoughts/opinions on neck turning were?  I know there are no-turn necks out there, and I'll admit that's tempting for a novice, but the consensus seems that there is at least some benefit from the consistent necks that turning creates..

-- Stephen

Offline RJohansen

• View Profile
Re: Neckturning
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
I for one am going to give no turn necks a try this year. My reamer should be delivered this week. ANd we will give it a go . The Lapua brass we all use and love seems to be so consistant that I think it will work out fine. Time will tell. There are some in the USA who report that it works ok everyones mileage will vary of course. ;D

Offline DanO

• View Profile
Re: Neckturning
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »
I do agree that the Lapua Brass is pretty consistant, but when you take accurate measurements of the neck thicknesses on a hand full of them you will see a noticeable difference in a single case and case to case.
This will not let you manage the neck tension needed for consistency in BR.
I do not know of any competitive shooter that is not turning case necks.
For the most part in BR, one is trying eliminate the variables in each and every controllable item.
No turn necks will be negative to accuracy, even if it is only the occasional shot that gets thrown.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk