Author Topic: Benchrest 101 Clinic  (Read 10464 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Benchrest 101 Clinic
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:38 PM »
The Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club is pleased to announce it will hold a Benchrest 101 clinic on May 14, 2011 at the club. This clinic provides an introduction to Benchrest shooting. The focus will be on short range (100-200 yd) group shooting using center fire rifles. This clinic wll appeal to the accuracy enthusiast who is serious about entering the world of competitive group shooting.

If you are the type of shooter who takes great pains in loading your ammo, measuring your groups, recording and analyzing load data, and strives to find the next improvement in grouping capability we want you! If going to the next level means competition, then we want you! If you have heard about BR but didn’t know how to get involved, then we want you!

You will need to book the full day away. We will start at around 9:00 AM with the morning taken up in the clubhouse discussing the basics of Benchrest shooting, such as brass prep, reloading, cleaning, the match format, among many other topics. There will be a lunch break and then in the afternoon there will be an informal group shoot using competition rifles and rests, wind flags, and coaches to help get you going. Each student will shoot 3 targets, and they will be scored, with aggregates given, just like a regular match. We expect to be done at about 4:00 PM.

All you need to do is bring your hearing protection, lunch and refreshments. For the informal group shoot the rifle will be provided, along with all the other equipment necessary to shoot a match. A coach will be assigned.  There is no need to bring a rifle or sand bags etc.

Depending on availability of spare rifles, coaches etc we will likely limit this to about 10 shooters. I would recommend people sign up early.

Feel free to call or e-mail if you have any questions.

Rick Pollock
VP Benchrest  - Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club
rickpollock@shaw.ca
403-968-2354

Map to the club is here:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:26:03 PM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Benchrest 101 Clinic
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
Thanks Jeff. Have them contact me at 403-968-2354 or e-mail rickpollock@shaw.ca to get registered.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:11:37 AM »
We have 5 people registered. I will probably limit this to around 10 people, with a caveat that we are dependent on the number of coaches we line up. Looks to be a really good event shaping up for anyone who is interested in joining the world of competitive BR shooting. Operators are standing by! Space is limited! Don't delay!

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »
3 spaces left.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »
2 spaces left.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »
Ok this is full now. We have 10 students and 5 coaches. If i round up more coaches I may be able to squeeze a few more guys in. In that case I will start a waiting list. So if you are still interested, send me your name and contact information and I will put you on a waiting list.

Regards,

Rick

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
The first ever BR 101 Clinic is in the bag. All went well with several people now pushed down the slippery slope of BR! Great turnout and thanks to all the coaches Joe Mendham, Jeff Wardlow, Dan Opel, Lyle Turton and Paul Ross. Couldn't have done it without you guys!

The winds were out of this world with a missed condition worth 2" at 100 yards! That said the students did really well to turn in the groups they did. The coaches were just happy they didn't have to shoot in the winds!

Winners and aggs as follows:

1. Grant Shave .510"
2. Clifford Crickett .511"
3. Sean Sayle .561"

I didn't get any pictures, so if anyone else who did take pictures please e-mail them to me and I will post them in this thread.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:04:18 PM »
Thanks again, to Rick and the coaches for your time and effort in getting this clinic together.
As one of the students there, I must say it was a very well planned out event from start to finish.
I came away with great info for future use, and a much greater respect for those that enjoy this sport.
I had a great time, and met some great folks and talk about those crazy winds, WOW!!
To anyone thinking about trying it next year I suggest you get your name in now, it truly was a first rate event. I see this only
getting bigger and better with time, you won't be disappointed!
Thanks again guys, and all the best.

Dan.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »
Many thanks to Clifford C for the photos!

Sean S and Paul R

Clifford C

Clifford C

Rick P and Grant S

Ken C and Dan O

Jeff W and Clifford C

Setting Flags

Dan O

Downrange

Sanford C on lucky 13!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:08:28 PM by rpollock »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk