Author Topic: Alex Calder  (Read 3882 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Alex Calder
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:50 PM »
Unfortunate news for everyone. Alex Calder has passed. I didn't know him well, and only met him for the first time at Holton last year. A great guy to be around for sure. He had many close friends in the BR community. Feel free to post your stories or photos on the forum as a tribute to Alex. The obituary is at the link below.

http://doneyfuneralhome.ca/book-of-memories/2185542/Calder-Alexander/obituary.php

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:49:27 PM by rpollock »

Offline John VM

• View Profile
Re: Alex Calder
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
 Alex was a great competitor and was an avid hunter. I first remember him when I went coyote hunting up in Proton township and meeting him. Everyone said that he was a top competitor in rifle shooting and several years later I ran into him at a benchrest match and found out how good he was. I did not recognize him at first without all the winter gear on, but when he started talking and his sense of humor came out I immediately knew who he was. He was a shooting buddy of Claytons for many years and drove him to many matches around the country to compete as well as the USA. It is heartbreaking to see these 2 guys leave us all in 1 year.
 I do remember him telling us about taking an old Br barrel and installing it on a Remington rifle chambered in 6mm Rem and smoking crows with 70 grain Ballistic tips at 200 yds. I always wanted to try it but never did. Maybe it is time to have one built and call it the Calder rifle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk