Author Topic: Hog Roast  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Gary Cain

• View Profile
Hog Roast
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:25:55 PM »
Dave Kreiger and myself just got back from Fairchance P.A., it was a qualifying match for the U.S. world team. There were 92 shooters from all across the U.S., Texas, California, North Dakota, Idaho Arizona plus pretty much every other State in the Union and us two Canadians. There was a probable new world record shot here just waiting to be remeasured. High of 90 on Saturday and sunny, Sunday rained all day high of 70.
Gary

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hog Roast
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
Gary, great to hear of your exploits. Fantastic aggs were shot. A teen agg at 200 is something to marvel. The possible record was shot by a shooter fairly new at the game? Can you confirm? Also what are you seeing as far as equipment etc? Did you see much XBR being shot? Many tuners?

Rick

Offline Gary Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
Rick the gentleman is a new shooter and he used a tuner, he told me he uses a standard V133 load and tunes the gun to that load. He would tune his gun a couple of times during a match. V133 is still the powder to beat, we took the Jack Neary schoolin on Thursday. Jack is quite a cat but info you pick up at his class is something else. I put a few ideas to work in the 1st. 100 yard agg. and came in 11th, but even that took four small 2's and a small one. But per say i went back to my norm and fell apart. The gent shooting beside me believe it or not was useing H335 in a 6PPC, not good but he put on quite a light show with flames from the muzzle. Bart Sauder showed me his new 68 grain boat tails and tryed to talk me into a 1000 but i have to many of his flat base to switch right now. But smooth old Bart did talk us out of a case of Molsons Canadian. Up and down the line Farley rests dominate as well as ejector guns.

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
Gary,
looks like we will all be trying tuners eventually. Might just be another bandwagon, but you can't ignore they are showing up at the top of the scoring sheets. Thanks for the feedback.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk