Author Topic: Camping while attending shoots?  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
Camping while attending shoots?
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:22:32 PM »
I'm hoping to attend an event or two this year, most likely just at the Rosebud range as that is closest to me. My understanding is that it's possible to camp there with a trailer.

I'm wondering:

- how many people actually do?

-is there a fire pit?

We are planning camping trips for the coming season and I'm trying to figure out what 'the experience' of camping at the range is. If there's no one else there it might make for 3 or 4 lonely nights. For example, we are hoping to book a week in Kananaskis July 5-12, the Stampede Shootout starts on the 13th with the BR201 clinic which I would like to attend- that means the day of the 12th would mean getting up and breaking camp early, drive back to Lethbridge (3.5 hours), drop the wife off, dump and fill the trailer, then drive back up to Rosebud to be ready for the next morning. Long day, and if the camping isn't great (other people, beer at the fire..) ditching the trailer and going to a hotel would make things easier.

Also facing a similar situation in September possibly.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Kelly

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Camping while attending shoots?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 03:01:01 PM »
Kelly,

We do allow camping at Rosebud for competitors. Contact me to discuss what the actual arrangements are. rickpollock@shaw.ca

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
Re: Camping while attending shoots?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 01:24:44 PM »
Thanks Rick,
I will do that.

Kelly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk