Author Topic: Windflags  (Read 7640 times)

Offline abouwer

• View Profile
Windflags
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:26:06 PM »
Hey Guys.

Well im gonna try nationals, just for the heck of it. Was wondering if anyone had a few extra widflags for that weekend? Eventhough i sure as sin do not have the right equipment in the gun department, i would still like to learn using windflags, for when i do actually get a competitive rifle. Also, how many shots max per match? Im gonna do lv100 and lv200. Thanks.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Windflags
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »
Adrian, you just shooting 1 day?  Reason I ask is you mention LV 100 and LV 200.

Anyways I think I have 3 extras.  You may get on a rotation with someone else so that will be a non issue.

In regards to rounds if shooting LV 100 and HV 100 on Sat it will be 50 record shots and whatever sighters you need. 

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:58:10 AM »
If you would like to shoot on the 2nd relay, ask Tony to place you on my rotation and you can use my flags.
DanO

Offline abouwer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »
Like i said i know very little about benchrest as a whole. I would like to shoot both days, i just thought i could only shoot LV cause of my gun. If i want to shoot HV, can i? I would like to shoot both days, but thought that LV 100 will be one day and the LV 200 the next. Im clueless with this, so tell me what i have to do, so i can let Tony know. Thanks.

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
Adriaan,

LV is for rifles 10.5 lbs and under, HV is for rifles 13.5lbs and under. You can use an LV in HV if you like, which is very common. Pretty much what most of the shooters do that have only LV's, like me for example.

One other thing, you can shoot an LV in Unlimited and in Sporter (essentially LV rifles, 6mm and fatter). This covers all the group shooting classes with one rifle.

Rick
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:15:34 AM by rpollock »

Offline abouwer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »
Rick, so if i want to shoot LV and HV, should i just let Tony Know? I told him im just going to shoot LV, and would like to do LV and HV then.

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »
I'll make a note here, as I am setting up the scoring program. I'll put you in both classes. Tony will see this as well.

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 05:31:24 PM »
Addrian do you want to shoot off of Dans flags?

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:26:40 PM »
Adrian just make sure you hve enough rounds if you are shooting both days.  You will need 100 record rounds and whatever sighters you think you will use.

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline abouwer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »
Thanks guys, im willing to go with whatever you guy set up. I will have enough bullets, and reload that night. Looking forward to it, and yes that darn gun of Paul keeps me awake at night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk