Author Topic: BRSC scope raffle OFFICIALLY BEGUN  (Read 8367 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
BRSC scope raffle OFFICIALLY BEGUN
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »
Okay here it is.

There is a Leupold VX III 8.5-25 50mm with target dot sitting waiting to get raffled off.  I will post a link to the image of it at the end of this post.

We need to get this underway.  There has been some discussion on the matter at the executive level but it has been very quiet lately.  I will not get into the particulars of the scope and on who donated it at this time.

The raffle will be held out of Manitoba with cooperation of the Little Saskatchewan River Game and Fish Association.  I suggest for there cooperation we present them with a small donation.  

The reason for holding the raffle in Manitoba is I can LEGALLY get a raffle license for 2.00.  The retail value of the scope is under the maximum allowable value before we MUST get the Lotteries involved.  The catch is, the tickets must be sold out of Manitoba.  We can advertise on the forum if Rick is not against it and I have had discussion with the owner of Canadian Gun Nutz to advertise there.  I can e-mail out a receipt upon receiving funds.  We can also print some tickets to sell but I would rather discuss that in telephone conversations.  People would have to call me or e-mail me wanting tickets.

What we the members of BRSC need to decide is how many tickets to make available and at what price.  He is my thought.  200 tickets at 20.00.  The floor is open for discussion.

Here is the link to the scope.

http://www.korthgroup.com/custom.html

I take it you can figure out which scope it is.

Calvin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:24:20 AM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: BRSC scope raffle thoughts...................
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »
If anyone wants to discuss this by phone they can call my cell through the day at 1-204-570-1956 or at home after 5 pm Central time at 1-204-729-9333.

It would be nice to get this rolling.

Calvin

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BRSC scope raffle thoughts...................
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:49:15 PM »
For sure you can advertise it here. 200 tickets sounds good to me, you may end up selling more than that though.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: BRSC scope raffle thoughts................... UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
Okay things have been so quiet in regards to this raffle.  I am not sure how long we are to sit on a riffle scope that has been engraved with the year 2010 on it.

I HAVE DECIDED that I will move forward with this raffle.  I am finalizing a ticket design so some tickets can be printed and sold.  Rick says it is okay to advertise here and I will reconfirm with the owner of the other Canadian Forum if we will still be able to advertise tickets there.

I will e-mail confirmation stubs to those who contact and send me the funds.

If I get this rolling PRONTO, and we can sell 200+ tickets before the end of the first week in March we can have the draw during the Little Saskatchewan River Game and Fish snowmobile poker derby.  If not I guess it will be the weekend of the Nationals.  The sooner the better I figure.

Tickets will be $20.00 ea.  When I get some books printed up if you are interested let me know and I will get some to you.

Any objections, lets have at it or I hope to have things rolling for the start of next week.

Calvin    
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:13:53 PM by cyanchycki »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: BRSC scope raffle thoughts................... UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:16:24 AM »
Just a heads up on the tickets.  I have the tickets drawn up just waiting to be printed.  When I get the Lottery License# we are good to go.
Any interested parties in wanting to sell some contact me via PM or e-mail and let me know how many you would like.

See the attached image for a sample.

Any thoughts or issues with the Ticket?

Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: BRSC scope raffle OFFICIALLY BEGUN
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
THIS RAFFLE IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.  If you know of someone who would like a ticket or tickets SPREAD THE WORD.

Okay it is official I have the Lottery License Number.

It is License# 1-2011.

Those of you who have contacted me officially in regards to the tickets you get the first 12.  I will reply by e-mail to you when I get home later today or tommorrow.

To be fair with the local club, I will offer 100 on the internet and will print out 100 to sell.  

To get your name in the draw just e-mail me with how many tickets you would like at 20.00/ticket.  I will then write out your ticket, take a photo and then e-mail you the stub.  This will only happen though when I recieve your funds via mail.  

If you are a BRSC member in good standing (current Membership) and would would like some to sell contact me and I will get them out to you or you can direct people to me via my e-mail address.

There will only be 200 tickets offered.  The draw will be held shortly after ALL tickets are sold or NO LATER than the BRSC Canadian Nationals in Selkirk.  

The image of the scope can still be seen at the link below.

http://www.korthgroup.com/custom.html  (Red one which is engraved)

The scope being offered is a Leupold VXIII 8.5-25X50mm with a target dot reticle.  It carries Leupolds Lifetime Warranty.

The scope was generously donated.  The donor wishes to remain anonymous at this time.  It was sent to Korth for the engraving which was done by non other than our own Tony Gauthier.

Any questions direct them to me via e-mail or those who have my cell number can call me.

The e-mail address for this raffle is:  cyanchyc@live.ca.  I will be checking my e-mail only after I get home from work in the evenings.  The internet offering is on a first come first serve basis.  So if you are wanting tickets DO NOT DELAY.

Let the raffle begin.

Calvin  

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:56:16 AM by cyanchycki »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
Well ticket sales are going a lot slower than I thought.  At this point in time I am hoping we can sell 100 tickets.  We are at 50 paid for.  There are a few gunshows coming up so that should help out.  This coming weekend the Little Saskatchewan River Game and Fish is holding there Snowmobile Poker Derby.  The snow conditions in that part of the Province are UNBELIEVABLE.  Hoping for a GREAT turnout.  I will have tickets available at the last check point which is at the family farm and at the Hall where registrations take place.  Will see if we cannot sell a book or 2.  I have a few more books to send out as well.

If we could sell just 1 ticket a day from the hits on the website it would be awesome.

There have been some compliments come in regards to the scope and raffle.  To those of you, THANK YOU from BRSC.

Calvin

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
The scope will be on display at the Calgary Gun show at easter time. Calvin can you send some books to me,or rick or Paul or Jeff so we can sell tickets at the show?

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 07:07:08 PM »
Still lots of tickets available.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk