Author Topic: 1 Year!  (Read 9789 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
1 Year!
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »
As far as anniversaries go it isn't much, but I am happy to report the benchrestforum.ca has made it to its first anniversary! As far as the goal of spreading the word about Benchrest in Canada, I think we are doing quite well. When I started this I didn't think we would even get 50 members! Well over 100 members now. All I can say is thanks to everyone for dropping in, and keeping this going.

Offline John VM

• View Profile
Re: 1 Year!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »
Thanks Rick for starting this Forum up. I have enjoyed the pics and the comments from everyone and it is interesting to see what the rest of the country is doing.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »
You have done well there buddy taking the time and effort to get this site going.  I really feel these are exciting times for Benchrest in Canada.  We have a ways to go but I feel in time more will realize what the sport is about and want to try it.

Happy Anniversary benchrestforum.ca
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Gary Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
Rick you deserve all the thanks from the members here in taking this project on and seeing it become a great Canadian Bench Rest site.

Gary

Offline RobS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
Rick
Thanks for the time and effort you have put in to this site as well as at Rosebud. It is nice to have a Canadian site for BR. I believe that it will expand the sport in this country.

Rob

Offline Rick Graham

• View Profile
    • Graham Flags
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
Congrats Rick! and Happy anniversary!

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 03:23:23 PM »
Thanks guys. I probably get just as much out of this board as anyone. It is serving the purpose of attracting newcomers and giving a voice to BR shooters in Canada. With the demise of the traditional printed newsletters, this seemed to be a much needed medium for us shooters. Plus I can't seem to get enough of this sport! I am sure I need therapy....

Offline James G.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »
As a rookie to this sport, this site has allowed me to keep in touch with information from other shooters, as well as shooting events in Canada and abroad which other wise would have been more difficult to obtain. Thanks Rick.

Offline MBenson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 06:27:09 PM »
Great job Rick, it was needed and is needed to keep our small group of shooters together and informed with what's happing in benchrest in Canada. I see some of our American friends check into this site, maybe that will help bring them to some of our shoots. I also think that the site will help draw new shooters into the sport and new shooters are always welcome to the game. Benchrest will drive you crazy, but it's a great sport and very additive. Thanks Rick, Murray

Offline suitty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 05:46:13 AM »
as well rick just a great job. i just love this BR shooting. if you hadn't sold me the blue mclennan BR gun i would likely be shooting once a year. lining up moose guns. thanks again suitty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk