Author Topic: BR201 - Jack Neary - Calgary  (Read 10436 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
BR201 - Jack Neary - Calgary
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
I am pleased to announce we will be offering a Benchrest 201 Clinic in 2012. This will be on Saturday, March 31st.

This is somewhat different than the BR101, in that it is meant as a strictly classroom exercise. It will be structured to include a thought provoking presentation with a leading National level shooter. In this case we are lucky to have Jack Neary of Ohio join us and give his thoughts on what it takes to be competitive in BR. For those that are unfamiliar with Jack’s resume, he is widely recognized as one of the top shooters in the world of short range BR. Jack is a member of the USA BR Hall of Fame and member of the USA World Championship BR team.

You can see more of Jack on the benchrestcanada youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/benchrestcanada?feature=mhee

This session will focus on the short range (100-200 yd) world of group shooting.

This clinic will appeal to the BR shooter, or accuracy enthusiast, or competitive rifle shooter. The clinic is open to anyone who is interested. You do not have to be a BR shooter or club member to attend.

The session takes the better part of a full day, so you will need to plan accordingly. We will start at around 9:00 AM with a presentation by Jack Neary. Then a lunch break (likely a pizza lunch) and the afternoon will be an open format Q/A session. I expect to be done around 4:00 PM

The session will be near the Calgary airport, either at a local hotel or a nearby office/classroom. Exact location to be advised.

I need about 10 students at $200/ea to cover the costs associated with this session, so I need any interested students to contact me and get registered. If we get more than 10 students any excess funds above the costs to hold the school will be refunded to each student. This is stricty a cost recovery effort.

To register please contact me at the phone number or e-mail below. Also free to contact me if you have any questions.

Rick Pollock
rickpollock@shaw.ca
403-968-2354

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:24:57 PM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BR201 - Jack Neary - Calgary
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:06:37 PM »
Closing in on this event. If you are interested in attending, just a reminder to contact me in advance. rickpollock@shaw.ca

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
I am pleased to announce that through the efforts of Jack Neary, Bartlein Barrels http://www.bartleinbarrels.com/ has donated a certificate for a barrel to be drawn at the BR201 Clinic. Many thanks to Bartlein for their generous support!

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
Take note Plenty O' Patches has also stepped up and sponsored this event. Many thanks to Dan and Susan for their support in bringing Jack to Neary to Calgary! http://www.plentyopatches.com/

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 06:05:54 PM »
I would sure love to make the trip but it is a long trip for 1 day. Anyone who has a chance to attend it will be worth the while. Jack is a GREAT spokesperson for the sport.

Good luck and soak it all in.

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
Rick any chance of videoing it?

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Thinking about it.

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Thanks very much Rick for organizing this clinic. I appreciate the effort you take in promoting Benchrest in Canada and putting together a clinic of this caliber. I truly feel that I walked away today with information and insight that will take me to the next level in my shooting ability. Even though I didn't win the draw for the new barrel, it was a fantastic day.

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
Yes it was well worth attending. And it was nice of Dan to draw my name for the barrel! Thanks Rick, it was a first class day of very use full information.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »
We had a fantastic day in the world of BR today. Many thanks to Jack Neary for coming to visit with us, and sharing all the insights and wisdom he has been accumulating.  Jack's presentation was outstanding, he really conveyed a ton of information related to the finer points of BR. You couldn't ask for a more personable speaker.

Further thanks to Bartlein and Plenty O Patches for helping make this possible.

Rogues Gallery: L-R: Mike D, Jack N, Tony G, Larry O, Hugh W, Dan H, Clifford C
Dave F

Jack hard at work explaining the finer points of 200 yd shooting!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:06:16 PM by rpollock »

Offline Mike Darlow

• Southern Alberta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Thanks Jack for coming to talk to us. Tanks Rick and the sponsors for organizing and making this possible. Sooooo glad I attended.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »
I never attended this session as a long trip from Bdn to Calgary for a day.  What am I complaining about?  Jack flew in from Ohio. 

I did sit in on his session in Kansas so I have a pretty good idea how the day went.  You could not ask for a nicer spokesperson of the sport.  The best part for you guys was you had him ALL to yourself for a day.

My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk