Author Topic: Why I LOVE to compete........  (Read 3488 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Why I LOVE to compete........
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
Why? 

Well as some of you know I am usually not scared to ask questions or possibly make a comment that may make waves.  You may have seen my thread about the dreaded 2 and 1 on another forum.  Something that has plagued me for years.  I ahve never fealt good with the way I have shot over the years.  Even winning a 2 gun I ahve never felt it.

What does that have to do with this?  It made me realize why I love this game and like to compete.  We can all have excuses as to why we don't but most of them do not wash with me.  Hope that is the right expression?????  Competing for me is a way for me to get over the dreaded hurdles of this accuracy game.  Regardless of how much you shoot at home and practice there is nothing like the rush of getting out on the line of a registered shoot and knowing that in 5 shots you can beat any one of the TOP shooters in the world on a target.  There is also all that knowledge that can be gained from all the other competitors.

I know I will continue to compete.  When the day happens that I begin to shoot them little dots the way I hope to one day, I know the drive to compete will never go away.  Seeing them little dots fform is a rush.  Basically knowing that you beat the wind and you did not beat yourself or let the wind beat you.

Just had to share this Scotties moment.

Calvin   
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline phil

• View Profile
Re: Why I LOVE to compete........
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »
I really don't enjoy beating myself up, but when you've just done the idiot thing, how can you resist .

Phil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk