Author Topic: Tacoma April 6  (Read 4702 times)

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
Tacoma April 6
« on: April 06, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »
Just a little note from Tacoma. Great practice day today. Blue bird this morning but the mercury read 37 so a little cold. It didn't warm up much, at least in the shade as my nose never quit running. It was probably around 50 in the sun this afternoon. Everyone was giving me a hard time as I shouldn't be such a wimp coming from Alberta.  ::) Great bunch guys as you all know. It was nice to put some faces to the names.

Conditions were tough. Very switchy but there was a prevailing condition I found that would hold for 2 and sometimes 3 shots. We'll find out tomorrow if I truly found my tune or I just got lucky today with some of my 200 yard groups.  :-\

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:51:57 PM by hendershot »

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tacoma April 6
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »
Thanks for the update Dan. Any other canucks there?

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »
Nope just me. Had my ass handed to me today! 100 LV wasn't too bad. Just missed small group by about .020" I think. I shot a .134" but the rest of my groups were in the low 4's and high 3's. 200 was a disaster! Strong gusty winds and those damn berms are hellish! I was lucky to put down a .600. A 1.000 was more my style today. Most times I would miss a condition on two shots and open my group up 1/2" or greater. I was lost to be honest. Oh well I'm having fun, didn't finish last and tomorrow is a new day. Oh and I ordered two "Uppy/Downy flags from Rick Graham today just to use at Tacoma after witnessing what can happen on this range today.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:15:26 PM by hendershot »

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:58:04 AM »
Ah the welcome to Tacoma wind over the berms condition!!!!! Were you getting some vertical?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:01:04 AM by Tony Gauthier »

Offline MBenson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Should have been in Selkirk yesterday, cloudy winds from the south east to south west then to the west and gusting to 80 kilometers, welcome to Spring.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk