Author Topic: What to do with the non-trigger hand?  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Weathermag

• View Profile
What to do with the non-trigger hand?
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
I've been shooting for a while from a lead sled but am new to your discipline, so please forgive my questions.   The Caldwell sled has tiny perforations so I screwed it down with deck screws to heavy board for added stability. I know this is probably against the rules, which I intend to read in the fullness of time, but for now I feel I need every advantage. The sled has a crude front bag built into it and I was squeezed it and was pleased with the results. My gunsmith has since advisedme to try not squeezing it but to leave it alone on the front bag and put my non shooting hand near the back rest.  What are the some the main pros and cons of each method?  The front squeeze seems natural, but I'm not confident that I will give it the same consistent squeeze each time.  I'm watching my breathing carefully and am keeping both eyes open.  I'm also making myself dryfire first.
Thanks for your advice.

Joe

Offline Blairguy

• View Profile
Re: What to do with the non-trigger hand?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:24:51 AM »
My suggestion is to read the rules first so that you don't head in the wrong direction with your bench equipment set-up. It is not clear to me how working outside the rules is to any advantage anyway.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:28:28 AM by Blairguy »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk