Author Topic: Digital calipers  (Read 4640 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Digital calipers
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »
I know that most should have a pair of good calipers but I just ordered a pair of Mitutoyo 6" calipers from

http://www.msi-viking.com/detail.asp?masterid=500-196-20

the price is REAL GOOD as well.

Acklands Grainger sells them for $246.46 Canadian on there website......  Woahhhhhhhh..... what a price difference even with the exchange.

Hell maybe they are Chinese clones???????????  By looking at the pics from both websites they look like the same items.

Here is more info on the calipers.  http://www.mitutoyo.ca/files/2009%20-%20d%20section_1.pdf
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:52:58 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline SpencerC

• View Profile
Re: Digital calipers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Believe it or not, the digital calipers from Crappy tire are very accurate. I had an old co-worker of mine, an old tool and die maker, check my $20 calipers against his $$$ mitutoyo's and mine went perfectly along with his. Needless to say, I was happy I only had to spend $20 on an accurate set of calipers.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
Spencer I have a pair of digi C-Tire and a 15.00 pair from Princess Auto.  I prefer the PA ones as they are smoother but they require constant rezeroing.  They are a pain for measuring groups.

I am hoping these will not have that issue.

Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »
Well they showed up in the mail today.  Love Canada Post.  They always bring me nice things from the US without all the red tape......   ;D

AWESOME product for a FAR better price than Acklands.  The absolute origin feature will be great for measuring targets.  Adjust the calipers to .2430, press the origin button till it shows zero.  slide the jaws closed and it reads minus .2430.  When you measure your targets you get the correct reading without the math.  Some of us are not as quick as others at math.....

Calvin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk