Author Topic: benchrest primers  (Read 5137 times)

Offline bullzeye

• View Profile
benchrest primers
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »
now i know everyone uses either federal 205 or 205M primers. if neither is available what about CCI match
primers? how well do they work? i know i will have to come up with a new load. all i've seen in winnipeg are the CCI's and there aren't many.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: benchrest primers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:47:20 AM »
Really?????????

What are you loading for? 

It gets to the point if all one can get is CCI I guess you have to use what you can get.  Remember they still make the gun go bang...........

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Gord O.

• View Profile
Re: benchrest primers
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
FWIW
couple of seasons back I had some issues blanking primers (FGM) due to a firing pin hole that needed bushing.It was spoiling my day (first 2 relays 5 pierced primers!).6PPC TN 68 g Eubers VV 133
One of the more experienced fellows gave me some WSR primers (harder cup) and told me they would work with VV133 just as well.
Didn't believe him till I used them next relay and -1.No more pieced primers and- 2. absolutely NO Change in accuracy or even point of impact.
I found it hard to believe but for the rest of the summer I ran WSR primers at almost half the cost of FGM's.
I know certain powder/case combinations require CCI or FGM for best performance ...but vv133 and wsr's worked!!!
Give it a try if you're up to some experimenting.
Gord

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk