Author Topic: Source for benchrest-quality bullets in Canada  (Read 3806 times)

Offline South_Pender

• Vancouver
    • View Profile
Source for benchrest-quality bullets in Canada
« on: September 28, 2022, 04:19:18 PM »
I'm looking to buy some 6mm. bullets for a new 6 PPC.  It's not really a BR rifle, but I'd like to source some really topnotch 6mm. bullets--lightweight, 60-68 gr.  Is there someone here in Canada that can supply these?  I know where I can get some Berger 65s and 68s, but am wondering whether there are some other high-accuracy bullets out there for sale in Canada in that weight range.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:08:34 PM by South_Pender »

Offline wharris1

• View Profile
Re: Source for benchrest-quality bullets in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 06:34:21 PM »
you may want to check out stinger ballistics 
i find he and his products to be first class

Offline murray brook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 08:19:14 PM »
Did you ever try the 64-68 Stinger bullets. How were they. TKS
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety. B.F.

Offline duceman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 07:06:16 AM »
have run the 68 killer bees in a few guns/cartridges; exc. performance in all. there is no reason to buy bergers anymore..........lee

Offline murray brook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 04:22:37 PM »
have run the 68 killer bees in a few guns/cartridges; exc. performance in all. there is no reason to buy bergers anymore..........lee
Good to know. I think I will give the 64 gr a try.
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety. B.F.

Offline murray brook

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 12:25:18 PM »
Well just after I last posted I purchased a box (250) of Stinger 64 gr Killer Bees. Finally got to try them out yesterday and today as our snow is finally mostly all gone. Great bullets. As @duceman posted no need for the Berger anymore. In fact I have 8 boxes of the 64 Column Bergers and they just might be up for sale soon. In my 6 Br I just substituted the Stinger bullet with the 64 Berger and shot smaller. Will only get better when I fine tune. Tried them in my Sako 6mm PPC USA and shot in the mid 3's first time out with a virgin factory rifle. Most certainly will be purchasing more.  Never heard of these till I seen their banner on here. The Pollock brothers should advertise these more. JMO
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:08:30 PM by murray brook »

Offline duceman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 06:42:25 PM »
don't tell anyone else, i have a hard enough time getting my hands on stingers!!! lol.
seriously, we are truly blessed to have so much Canadian content in regard to barrels, bullets, actions, stocks, cleaning supplies and all the other sundries it takes to be competitive. and these products are not just 'fillers', these products are winning top level matches.

Offline murray brook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 04:18:52 PM »
Since my last post I purchased more 64 gr Stinger Killer Bees to try in my Sako 6mm PPC USA. Stone stock factory rifle, fine tuned the load and these bullets now shoot in the mid 2's. Great bullets.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 04:21:41 PM by murray brook »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk